Saturday, November 05, 2005

i can't believe i actually hit send on the following email

... and yet it's such a satisfying feeling. The below email was emailed to a lady running a matchmaking bureau in Gujarat, who periodically sends me emails (addressed to my father, even though it's blatantly obvious that it's my email address to which she's mailing them!) listing the particulars of gentlemen who are interested in my biodata.

I hope I don't sound too catty. That wasn't my intention. Just that, how are all these men, (Weight: 55 Kgs.) going to be interested in anything about me, other than my U.S. citizenship?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:08:25 -0800 (PST)
From: "yesha n." View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Matrimonial
To: (email deleted for privacy)

Dear Mrs. Shah,
My name is Yesha; thank you so much for forwarding
these ads to me. I have two concerns, however.

One is that I currently need to lose a lot of weight.
(My current weight is 60+ kilograms.) To be very frank
and realistic, I don't think men who are very thin and
short will be attracted to me...

Second is that, as I grew up in the U.S. and I care
more about being able to communicate well with, and be
attracted to a prospective mate, than I do about their
family background...

Would it be possible to know more about their
knowledge of English and of literature?

Many thanks,
Yesha

No comments: