Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The F word

Facetious.

I love love love love love love love love this word. Facetious. Facetious. Faceeeeeeeeeeeeeetious. Love how it sounds. Love what it means. All around. Love it.

What’s funny is, for the longest time (through high school and most of college) I would encounter this word in books, but never quite know what it meant, and yet while I was mildly curious, I never bothered to look it up. Call it the laziness of the callow-minded? Or am I being facetious? :P

And then, one day, I did look it up. And then I was like, oh holy cow, I like this word! A lot! So I adopted it. And gave it a room in my brain.

It is now a teenager and feels free to run amok in my conversations, popping up as it pleases. And I indulge it. Facetiously, of course.

1 comment:

Ariah said...

awesome choice of F word.